March 14, 2011

Random Ramblings

my favorite coffee cup

Why is it that my daughter insists on waking up before the sun every morning? Her internal alarm clock is set at 6/6:30, and every single morning she wakes up at this time, comes out to the living room (already whining, by the way), and asks if she can watch “cartooms.” I don’t mind her waking up early as much as I mind the whining. I cannot stand the whining…

somehow she got Drew to watch Little Bear with her...

Chad is on shift today, and tomorrow and Wednesday he’s working at the Urgent Care from 9-5. Drew’s one month check-up (that he was supposed to have last week but had to reschedule) is tomorrow (I have no idea what time), and Wednesday is my 6 week postpartum check-up. So of course I will have to rush to get myself and the kids ready and out the door on time for the next couple of days. I also need to run by my dentist office sometime this week as well as remember to go in for some lab work at my doctor’s. Oh, and I also have a baby shower to go to on Saturday. Busy, busy. I guess it’s better than sitting around all week at the house, although I do love my down time…

I miss the gym. For some reason, I had it in my head that I was going to be able to go pretty regularly once Drew was born. Unfortunately, Chad has started up at his second job again and isn’t able to watch the kids at the time I would normally go. I would definitely take both Ally and Drew with me if that was an option. Our gym does have a daycare and Ally loves playing with the other kids, but of course they don’t take babies less than 6 MONTHS OLD. This means I won’t be able to go while Chad’s working until August – the middle of stinkin’ summer. Boo. Maybe I’ll take him in sooner and just say he’s 6 months… I know I wouldn’t be the first desperately out of shape mom to do this.


Drew is 6 weeks old today. He has upgraded to size 1 diapers. He is sleeping better through the night; however, he still sleeps in his bouncer 99% of the time while one of us (if Chad’s home that night, otherwise it’s me) is on the couch next to him. He has started taking about 4 ounces at each feeding, although lately he’s decided he is going to sleep midway through and then wake up an hour later ready to eat again. I can’t tell you how much formula we’ve (he’s) wasted. He’s really starting to focus on the faces around him, and he definitely recognizes mine and Chad’s voices. We were able to get some video last night of him smiling. It cracks me up every time because he makes the goofiest little face, it is too cute. When we put him on his belly for tummy time, he does this little squeal that’s adorable. I just can’t get enough of him. Compared to Ally when she was a baby, he is so mellow. Somehow I doubt this will last as he gets older.

I still have pregnancy brain. I am constantly misplacing things: my phone, my keys, my camera… The other day while doing laundry I washed a letter that my mother-in-law had found that I wrote to Chad when I was 13. I had it in the pocket of my jeans and completely forgot about it. The worst part is that it was black paper and written with gel ink pens. Yesterday morning while getting dressed I noticed that I had several large, black stains on the butt of my favorite jeans, and I also found a huge black stain on the front of one of my college sweatshirts. Argh… Not to mention, no matter how many times or how well I feel I’ve organized some part of the house, I can never find what I’m looking for in a timely manner. This spring, other than cleaning, I’d like to really do some serious organizing. It’s bad enough I can never find anything but the fact that I am constantly having to ask Chad where things are and him giving me “the look” just makes me that much more motivated to get things under control around here.

I am waiting on this to get here:








It’s a case for my Nook. I've been meaning to get one and this one just happened to be discounted 75% on the Barnes & Noble website. Niceee…
I have been really itching to buy both of these Project Life kits by Becky Higgins (one for Drew and one for Ally):





I am forcing myself to wait though because I feel like I’ve been on a bit of a spending splurge lately. And there’s nothing I hate more than spending all of my husband’s hard earned money… ;)

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...