March 14, 2011

Personalized Wall Art


This afternoon I finally got around to making Ally's name art for her bedroom. I've been meaning to do this for awhile. Projects like this are fun and easy, not to mention inexpensive. The overall project is so much cheaper than buying pre-decorated letters, and it's also more rewarding. Everytime I see little things like this around the house that I took the time to make I appreciate them way more than had I just bought them from a store. Anywho...

Here's a tutorial on Ally's personalized wall art:

I bought these letters from Hobby Lobby for a couple bucks each.


First I painted the edges with some craft paint I had lying around.


Then I picked the paper that I was going to use.


Next, I used Mod Podge and a foam brush to apply the paper.


Make sure you put the paper on the right side the first time... (unlike me! I always mess up at least once when I do projects like this).


Took a break to feed the baby.


Used an exacto knife to cut around the letters, and then sanded down the edges.


And last but not least, embellished!


I wanted to keep them pretty simple so I only used a few embellishments.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...