March 9, 2011

6 Weeks Later...

Well as you may have guessed, I am the proud mama of not one but two beautiful babies now. My son Drew was born on January 31, and is now 5 weeks old. The last few weeks have been somewhat of a challenge, learning how to adapt to life with a toddler and newborn. Ally has been a handful since her brother was born, which we somewhat expected. The lack of sleep again is definitely rough, especially since both Chad and I were used to getting 8 or more hours of sleep. Of course that is a small price to pay in the big picture of things. We have been so blessed with two healthy, gorgeous babies, and I do my best not to take that for granted.


Now that Drew is a little over a month old he is more aware of things while awake. He gives me the occasional smile and it is the sweetest thing. He refuses to sleep in his crib or bassinet. He either has to be in his swing, bouncer, or with us. He wants to eat every two to three hours and takes 3-4 ounces. He is staying awake for longer periods of time now but still sleeps most of the day. When Ally was born, it took me quite some time to bond with her, but with Drew I felt an immediate bond from the moment he was born. It may be because I feel more confident as a mother this time around, having already been through this once before. Everything seems like so much less of a challenge than last time. I can actually enjoy these first few months because I’m not worried about whether or not I’m doing things the right way. The one thing I do need to work on and honestly feel guilty about is the attention I give Ally. Hopefully that will get easier as time goes on.

I will try to keep up with this blog as much as I can. For now I’ll leave you with some pictures of my sweet boy.




First Bath




Papa and Grandma





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...